Thursday, February 17, 2011

Just Break My Heart




Today I am grateful for Kizzy.

Also known as Kizzy-roo, Rooster, Roo, Kizz, The Kizzle, Crazy...

We are finally making progress in our northward move. In order to save money and pay off our mortgage, we have decided to downsize and rent an apartment. Along with a yard, a garden, privacy and a decent amount of space, this means I have to say goodbye to my girl.


I bawled my eyes out when it became more of a reality. I didn't let myself think too much about it for a long time. I love Kizzy.

So today I am grateful. Grateful for the playmate she has been for my Bug.
Grateful that she has been gentle with him and made him laugh. Grateful that she has learned to stay down and wait in her crate for her breakfast. Grateful for the patience she has taught me and the company she has been. Grateful for a God who allowed dogs and all animals to be a part of this earth so that we could enjoy them and take care of them. Grateful that this move is temporary, and that one day I will again have my own home and my own yard and a place for another pet to grow into our family's hearts.

If you know of anyone looking for a sweet family dog, I have just the one.


SBB

5 comments:

  1. oh shawna, im crying for you! saying goodbye to a pet isnt easy, esp when she has been such a part of the family. maybe you can just ask someone to hold her for you until your move is final?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that you can't take your dog with you! I know about leaving behind gardens and such but we haven't had to do it with a pet yet... Hope everything else is going well. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawna, I'm sorry you have to leave Kizzy behind! Changes can be so so challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex,I've thought about it, but who knows how long it will be until we're somewhere permanent. For her sake I would rather she find a good home and bond with a family than bounce around. And I also worry that we would end up deciding letting her go is the best option down the road, and no one wants a 7-yr old, used up dog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the future holds great things for Kizzy and for you and your family. Those animals always manage to wriggle their way into our hearts!

    ReplyDelete