Thursday, June 23, 2011

He's Here!!!

Introducing:

Adam Bennett Packer

Can you imagine what I'm grateful for this week?


So, so many things.
..

-An awesome mom, who took care of the Bug while we were in the hospital.

-Friendly staff and a
great doctor who lets me do about whatever I want.

-Gestational Diabetes that is starting to go AWAY!!

-A natural birth. I really, really wanted to go naturally, and I'm really grateful that I had the opportunity.


-A super supportive husband who also lets me do whatever I want, even if it makes life a little harder for him.

-The human body. It is amazing.

-A resilient little Bug who is handling his new sibling better than could be expected. He really loves him, and it is so cute to watch. He loves to put his head on top of Adam's. It's hard to tell him he needs to be more gentle when he's being so sweet.

-Supportive family and friends.

-The Mr's job. We get a whole week with him at home while we all adjust to real life again.

-The fact that I am somehow functioning on way less sleep than usual.

-And, of course, I am thankful for my new little man. He is so precious and we are so grateful that he is a healthy, happy little baby. There is nothing like having a warm, sweet smelling little bundle sleeping on your chest. Absolutely nothing.




SBB


I'll post more about the birth in a few days for those who enjoy that sort of thing.

6 comments:

  1. You know I enjoy that sort of thing - can't wait to hear about it! Congratulations!!! He's darling and I'm so glad you had a good experience and I'm just dang happy for your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, Adam! Precious family picture

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's beautiful! And so are you- I can't believe you just gave birth.... I'm so glad he's here and all is well. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Shawna, he is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete