Thursday, September 1, 2011

Still Thankful



Poor little guy. I'd be traumatized too, if I saw something like that.


I am sitting in the dark while the Bug watches the Aristocats for the second time today. But don't worry, I'm a good mother. We took a break and watched Toy Story in between.

He's got some funky virus that started with a rash on his feet and crawled up his body. We visited the Instacare and then, per instructions, he and the Mr. took a trip to Primary Children's at about 3:30 last night when his fever spiked. Never fear, nothing that a little couch time won't fix.

So I'm thankful that he's okay and it's nothing serious. We were worried he had been bitten by a tick on our campout last weekend.

Which leads me to the next think I'm grateful for: time away. We had a fabulous two days camping up AF Canyon. We got a good long hike in (I'm not sure the Mr.'s shoulders have recovered yet from hauling the Bug up 7 miles of mountain), and even convinced some family to come visit one evening. It was nice to be away from everyday life for a minute.



I'm thankful for having running water and a kitchen sink. Ours is clogged at the moment, and after attempting to can peaches and make dinner with six inches of someone else's chicken soup in my sink, I have gained a new appreciation for pioneer women who had to go 'fetch' their water. Holy cow--dishes would be such a chore! Especially in the winter.

I'm grateful for the Bug in general. He has taken to photography lately. We think he's got a real talent for it.

Higher


Higher


Still a little higher, Buddy


There we go! If the camera won't come to you, come to the camera


Hope you're enjoying the tail end of summer!

SBB









1 comment:

  1. Ha! That is a traumatizing picture - gotta have a sense of humor about those things. I have absolutely no judgment on the movie watching thing. We thought we'd give potty training a try, and I think I managed to create a TV addict in two days who still pees on the floor.

    ReplyDelete