Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Going out the way I came


The most beautiful Valentine roses I have ever seen. Thanks, Love.


It seems we are creating a trend in our family. Moving the second half of a pregnancy just seems to be what we do. I wonder where we'll go next. When I announce that baby #3 is on the way, just start placing your bets. It actually works out quite well with the whole nesting instinct, really. It's a good time to reorganize and de-junk.

We've been very blessed both times. Our first move was from a tiny apartment, so we didn't have much to move. We were surrounded by very willing family members who moved us out and in (and had us mostly unpacked) in a day. This time The Mr.'s work is graciously paying for the move. I don't think I will realize what a blessing that will be until the next time we have to do it on our own. We have accumulated quite a houseful of goods.

I am finally able to be excited about this move. It will be an adventure. Living in a basement apartment seems like a step backwards, but we feel so good about it. There are drawbacks, like most situations, but the blessings far outweigh them. So right now I am grateful for those blessings:

-The money saved and chipping away at our mortgage because of this move
-The 2+ hours a day we get to spend time with the Mr. when he would have been driving
-The peaceful feeling that comes from finally having decisions made, and feeling that they are good
-A pool within a 10 minute drive so I can do water aerobics during my third trimester!
-The things that never change, regardless of where we live: family, the Gospel, good health
-Opportunities for new friends and new adventures

Payson has been so good to us. We will miss it when we leave; the friends we have made, our home, all the fun times, and the comfort and happiness we have felt here. Still, we look forward to this new chapter in our lives.


SBB

No comments:

Post a Comment