Thursday, April 14, 2011

Good Things

I've been slightly neglectful lately, only tuning in for my weekly Thankful post most of the time. This could be because my life has been incredibly boring and uneventful lately (and if anyone is sitting on the edge of their seats waiting for a new post, it's certainly news to me). However, I will argue instead that I have simply been focusing on living my life instead of talking about it. Or something like that.

We are getting more settled and organized every day, and I am trying to establish some sort of regular routine. It's probably pointless, because everything will change in a few months when Baby gets here, but it will hopefully keep me sane until then. I go a little crazy (ahem, lazy) without one.

Anyway, there I go rambling when there are things to be thankful about. Today I am thankful that:

The Bug has moved to a big boy bed! Twice this week he slept all night. We've lost an hour and a half in the mornings, but we're hoping that fades over time. He is enjoying his new-found freedom, and I am enjoying the fact that Baby is not here yet, and I can still throw him in the crib when the door is just too tempting.

Target has maternity swimsuits! Not only that, but they were 50% off when I went. I was at the end of my rope with a swimsuit from last pregnancy that stretched about down to my knees. I am sure the ladies in my water aerobics class are similarly grateful.

I have a sewing machine. Sometimes I want to drop it off the edge of a cliff I get so frustrated, but I'm getting better! I'm also grateful for the sewing classes I took in school. My teachers would DIE if they saw the way I sew, but I am sewing at least.

Mei Tai baby carrier I whipped up last week. I'm pretty excited to try it out.

A handy husband. I'm grateful that the Mr. knows so much about electrical stuff, mechanical stuff and everything else stuff. If he doesn't know about it, he learns. It's saved us a ton of money. I'm also grateful that he likes saving a ton of money. And that he changes all the stinky diapers when he's home. And that he's WAY better at playing with the Bug than I am. And that he helps with the dishes every night. And that he's not eating chocolate for six months just because I didn't want to and he loves me. And that he's generous to people in need. And that he puts up with me because holy monkey I'm hard to put up with sometimes. Basically what I'm saying is that I'm really grateful for him all-around.

Homemade yogurt. I like homemade yogurt. And strawberries.

There's a baby in my tummy. Life is good.

8 comments:

  1. i love that you use the term "whipped up" when it comes to that awesome baby carrier! one of my goals is to learn how to sew...and to actually own a sewing machine. great job, it looks fabulous!

    you guys are awesome to start the little fella in a big boy bed, i refuse to do it until it is ABSOLUTELY necessary because my sleep just means too much to me right now. :) luckily the new baby will sleep in our room for the first few months, so that buys me more time.

    oh, and? i want to try your homemade yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this post. Life is very good. And you are looking beautiful, might I say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the baby carrier! That is awesome! :) Yay for the big boy bed! You're so lucky that he's gone this long in the crib....Audrey started climbing out when she was 17 months!! Although, she has been sleeping well and going to bed on her own really well being in a big girl bed!!
    And just so you know, I check back here frequently just to see if you've posted something new! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a cutie! Of course, I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to read your posts!!!! Well, when I'm actually sitting down. ;) I love how complimentary your are of your hubby; it sounds like you got a wonderful guy, what a blessing! And it's no wonder, you're an amazing woman yourself. You may not see that yourself, but then again, does your hubby think he's as great as he is?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I forgot to mention, I really enjoyed the image of cute little pregnant you in a stretched-out swimsuit that sags to your knees! That made me chuckle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha Joy. Come over sometime and I'll model it for you :) Congratulations by the way! I hear you're expecting as well? We're in Murray now--we should get together sometime!

    ReplyDelete