Thursday, April 7, 2011

General Conference

Today I am grateful for many things.

I am grateful for General Conference. Twice a year, in April and October, the leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints broadcast a two day series of sessions that inspire, uplift, give hope, and teach us how to be more Christ-like. You can watch or listen to talks from this April's Conference here.

I am grateful for modern technology that allows me to take part in the conference without being there. Not only can I watch the sessions from the comfort of my home, but I can study the topics throughout the year (and beyond) as it is made available on the internet and printed in the May edition of the Ensign.

I couldn't very well have gone into Conference looking like this, now could I?

I am grateful for modern revelation that allows these amazing men and women to lead and guide our church in troubling and uncertain times.


SBB

3 comments:

  1. Haha! You're hair rocks, Shawna! I LOVED general conference this spring! I love it all the time, but I was really engaged this conference! Great talks, can't wait for the ensign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha is there a reason why your hair looked like that? i thought about last conference and how you guys came over for breakfast and the morning sesh...we should do that again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only that I asked Ed if he would play with my hair and he was running low on ideas. There's only so much you can do when it's 3 inches long.

    ReplyDelete