Thursday, May 5, 2011

Projects

I am thankful for projects.

They have kept me occupied lately. Among moving in and creating space where there was none, I have taken on many a sewing endeavor. Each one turned out differently than I expected, but they all ended up usable/wearable, so I'm happy.

Baby Carrier.
I wanted to tear my eyeballs out while I was sewing the padding into the straps--it took like three hours.
It's not a masterpiece, but I'm really happy with it.


Peasant Skirt.
It was suppose to be a wrap-around skirt but, in true form, I didn't buy enough fabric in an effort to save money.
If I had a dollar for every time I did that, I would have enough money to do it again...
I think I like it better as a peasant skirt, anyway.


I don't know what these are called--koolats?
I tried to copy a pair of them I already had. I sewed a seam on inside out and had several other mishaps,
but we pulled through. They fit a little funny but they're wearable.

Lots of problems with the pattern on this one, but that's what you get when all your patterns are free off the internet.
I had to severely alter the sleeves, but amazingly it still turned out. Now I know what to do differently the next time I make this pattern.

I also made a wrap-around skirt that turned out quite nicely
as well as a disaster skirt that will only be worn around the house.

In lieu of being thankful for projects I am also grateful for fabric coupons, my sewing machine, and a husband who is patient when his OCD wife totally zones out and shirks homemaking duties until each project is finished.

I have since moved past sewing projects and seem to be set on working on my guitar and violin skills. Bring on the Bluegrass!

3 comments:

  1. Fun stuff! Go back to the sewing projects!!! Or at least video your guitar and violin playing for us all to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute! The clothes turned out darling, but what's a disaster skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Peggy, a disaster skirt is a skirt that is a disaster. Basically. I didn't use a pattern and I just guessed on all the measurements and angles, and it turned out super messed up. I added a panel on top to even everything out, but it's definitely not pleasing to the eye.

    ReplyDelete