Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What I'm trying

So I had a friend suggest I try an all natural shampoo to see if the hair pulling is triggered/magnified by a sensitivity to oils used in commercial shampoos. My sister-in-law has been using a simple make-at-home shampoo, so I thought I'd try it out. It's suppose to restore the natural balance to your hair. My scalp is pretty dry, so I figured I'd give it a try. It's a long shot, but hey--it's a free one, and it certainly won't hurt anything. Here is the website if you want to give it a try:

http://www.naturemoms.com/no-shampoo-alternative.html


It's just baking soda and apple cider vinegar; super easy. I tried it this morning. I'll let you know how it goes.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh! I'm anxious to hear if it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I think that's what "no poo-ers" use for the few times they actually do "wash" their hair. You should try "no pooing" (as in shampoo-ing. Yeah I thought whatttt??? the first time I read that.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything is worth trying! It's all about the journey...right??
    Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to hear how it goes. Here are a few links to my favorite natural shampoos if your interested.

    http://www.alaffia.com/store/pc/Shampoos-c18.htm (they carry this at wholefoods but I don't know if they carry it at good earth)

    (this one is a bit pricey so I don't use it every day but my head loves it, they carry it I know at real foods market)

    http://www.terressentials.com/haircare.html

    ReplyDelete