Thursday, August 5, 2010

August's Abundance



This week I am thankful for:

The Bug. He has been so stinking cute lately! He has been listening better, too. I just love him.




The Mr. How I made out with such a good man I will never know. I am so thankful to have a husband who believes what I believe, and wants what I want. This morning he was reading the scriptures to me while I made breakfast. It just so happened that he was in 2 Nephi, and this was what he read:
"Nevertheless, notwithstanding the great goodness of the Lord, in showing me his great and marvelous works, my heart exclaimeth: O wretched man that I am! Yea, my heart sorroweth because of my flesh; my soul grieveth because of mine iniquities. I am encompassed about, because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily beset me."
Which makes me grateful for:

The scriptures. It sure is nice to hear that a prophet of God was struggling with the same feelings as me. It gives me hope.

Hats, glasses, and athletic tape. My hair follicles thank you.

Really, really dark chocolate. Kind of. It's a love-hate thing.

Good to the core people with awesome attitudes that bring my life into perspective.





What are you grateful for?

SBB





4 comments:

  1. I'm grateful for that picture of you with the giant zuchinni, because that totally brightened my day.

    That needs to go in your family album - it's sure to be a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLOOO Zuchinni! I feel like that should be animated and featured on VeggieTales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously. It looks way bigger in real life, and I'm pretty sure it weighs as much as Isaac does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with Whitney on this one. That picture made me miss you so much!! Today I am also thankful for frivolous girly outings with my mom. We went window shopping in Walnut Creek today and had so darned much fun.

    ReplyDelete