Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Pull-Free Winter

For Katie


I am in the process of devising some sort of scheme to get over this hair-pulling thing once and for all. I know what you're thinking. Okay, Shawna, what's new? You're always coming up with some sure-fire way, and, well, you're still pulling your hair, aren't you? Well, yes, I am. That's why I'm going to try even harder and come up with an even better plan. I'll let you know when I come up with it...

So I haven't figured out much so far, except for the fact that I'm going to do it, whatever
it is. Brilliant, I know. At this point, I am guessing it will involve lots of cute hats, glasses, gloves, and tape. The goal is to create a situation where it would be difficult for me to pull. I have a theory that if I can go long enough without pulling (a few months maybe?), the desire to do so will decrease, and my awareness will increase.

We tried something new today. Last night I asked The Mr. to tape my fingers right when I woke up. One of my biggest problems is being aware enough to take precautionary measures. I think it is going to be a good thing.

Another thing that I think is going to be part of my winter plan (shall we call it the PFWP?) is just basic self maintenance. I have found that my pulling is a lot worse on days that I don't look as nice. I want to have a goal to get up every morning and do my hair and makeup before I start the day (but after I exercise, and then there's breakfast before the Mr. leaves for work, and I couldn't ever put hair and makeup before scripture studies and morning prayer! Besides, most days it's just me and the Bug. What's the point of looking good? Do you see why I struggle with this?).

So, that's as far as I've gotten. Any suggestions, ideas, positive energy would be graciously received.


SBB

4 comments:

  1. Haha! I love the zuchini!! It's practically singing already. Good luck with the solutions! There's not always a simple solution, but you are making great efforts to overcome. Keep yourself busy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rah, rah, sis boom bah! Sending happy thoughts your way. :D YOU CAN DO IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo is great. The greatest part is how pleased The Bug is. Truly a classic! I know you are going to triumph over this hair pulling. What a joyous day that will be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just so proud of you to face this head on! I think you're AWESOME!! You're courageous and a fighter, and you CAN do it...you WILL do it!

    ReplyDelete