Saturday, October 9, 2010

Rise and Shout


So we scored some tickets to a football game at our alma mater last weekend. It was fun to go back and sit in that stadium again. We took the Bug. I know, risky. We were worried about him bugging everyone around us. He did surprisingly well. I'm not saying he kept to himself. He begged for candy from strangers. He gave "stones" to a kid sitting next to me. He drove his car on the knee of the guy behind me. He wiped Sugar Daddy drool on the girl in front of me. Everyone loved him. That kid probably had more sugar than he's ever had because people just kept feeding him.

I turned to the Mr. and said "He's like a magic key. You could open any door with this kid." And it's true. The little punk has no inhibitions. He has no concept of social boundaries. No one told him that age, race, dress, hairstyle or gender makes a difference; that some people might be too
cool to smile at him. So what does he do? He doesn't quit until he gets a smile. There were times I almost stopped him because I thought someone would be put off by him. And then they were playing games together. If you don't look at him he will put his face right up in yours until you do.

Why aren't we more like that? He's so real! He doesn't try to hide what he's thinking or feeling. He doesn't judge. He just enjoys everybody. Maybe that's why Christ tells us to be like a little child.

I would, however, not recommend wiping your drool on a stranger.





SBB

3 comments:

  1. aw! haha well im glad to know that its not just your brother that has ruined his diet. and you picked a good day to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun...Good for you guys! We miss watching the games with you :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ticket score indeed. I'm way jealous.

    I LOVE YOUR new hair. I wish I had the guts for that.

    You are rad!

    ReplyDelete