Friday, October 29, 2010

What Matters Most


I was talking with a friend this morning about life and all the goings on these days. As I hemmed and hawed about decisions and my lack of patience and what I want but can't find, she brought me back to reality.

I was reminded by our conversation that so much of what I am currently worried about ultimately has so little to do with lasting happiness. And so, though a day late, today I am thankful for the things that matter most. I'm thankful for the Mr. and the Bug, and for the knowledge that we can be together forever. I'm thankful that I have the ability to make any house a home. I'm grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who is keenly aware of me personally.
I have been selfish and short-sighted. I have so many blessings that it feels wrong when I know so many who are going through difficult times and intense hardships. I live a wonderful life.


My little kitchen helper






SBB

3 comments:

  1. You are the best! Even when you have rough days, you always come back to counting your blessings and realizing what is most important. I love you. The pictures of The Bug are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lesson we have to learn over and over again through life. I still have to remind myself of this too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this last pic is so BRIAN. oh no. im having visions of my future cute but crazy kids.

    ReplyDelete