Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Big One

Yay for Thanksgiving! Yay for everything we have to be grateful for!

So I started this post on Wednesday, and I've been so busy enjoying my blessings that I never finished it. So I will skip the long, long list, and just mention briefly my biggest blessing so that I can promptly get back to being with them.

Adam. I'm grateful he's sitting up now. He hated lying down! My arms & back are appreciating the break. I'm grateful we're one tooth down (two now! See what happens in two days?)--cutting teeth stinks. What a sweet little boy. He loves being a part of everything, and always wants to be in on the action. I love his little froggy voice. I love the way he watches his brother. I love his ear-to-ear grin.

Isaac. Hooray for potty training! I so dreaded it, but the Bug is a champ! I am super impressed with him, and I'm glad we waited awhile to start. Isaac is my little energizer bunny. He's always causing mischief, but not because he's naughty; he's just curious. He says the funniest things, and he's always making me laugh. He asks me 'how was your run?' And tells me to 'be careful' when I "jump" in the shower. He says "Cute, Mom!" When I get ready for church. He has an incredible memory.

Ed. What a blessing in my life to be married to such a rock. He is the perfect antithesis to all of my weaknesses. He is so willing to help me and support me and love me. He doesn't roll his eyes when I say I want to work on a certain aspect of our marriage; he is on board. He wants our relationship to be strong, and he is willing to work for it. He is my better three-quarters. I hope that I can progress to the point someday that I can be the strength to him that he is to me.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for God and His plan for all of us. All of my blessings descend from this one. When I really open my eyes and realize how much aid I receive from heaven on a daily basis, it is difficult to comprehend. I will never be grateful enough.

Happy (Belated) Thanksgiving!

SBB


No comments:

Post a Comment