Sunday, January 30, 2011

Confessions of a Say-at-Home Mom


-Sometimes we have popcorn at 8 in the morning.


-You can usually find at least three dirty diapers sitting by the door waiting for someone to take them out.

-Sometimes I don't get ready for the day until 2:30 in the afternoon.

-Sometimes I don't get ready at all.

-I have a temper. I am becoming very aware that it has everything to do with where I'm coming from and very little to do with his behavior. The Bug has graciously accepted many apologies. I'm getting better.

-I think hearing my kid say 'poop' is the cutest thing in the world.

-Sometimes I hide his favorite movies because I'm so sick of them.

-Sometimes I don't wash the yogurt out of my son's hair. Why? He'll just put something else in it in 10 minutes. Besides, I'm sure he'll get a bath sometime this week.

-Sometimes I just let the phone ring. I love chatting in person, emails, a letter, but I HATE talking endlessly on the phone, halfway in a conversation and halfway conscious of what is going on in my home, unable to fully interact with my son.

-Every evening we watch out the window for the Mr. to come home. I want to cry happy tears when I see how much that little boy loves his Daddy. Sometimes I do.

Last June

-I absolutely love, love, love what I do. I would rather be home with my little boy than doing anything else in the world. I really mean it.



SBB

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT! This is just so true! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved & needed this post today. It is all so true. Last week was really, really, really hard. I need to come to grips with my temper issues, too - that was definitely part of it. MUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry last week was hard, Amanda. Hang in there! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SO with you on the phone thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait, he's not really in size three diapers is he? That's an old box right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sara, yes he wears size 3 still, doesn't Robert? Just kidding. Old box, old picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMEN (to everything you said)!!!! It seriously used to drive my husband NUTS that I didn't always answer the phone...funny thing is that I WOULD answer when he called. It just drove him nuts that I didn't always pick up the phone when it rang, as though there's some unwritten rule that a phone must be answered if it rings. :) It's just that I like to give my time & attention to what's in front of me. If I don't answer, people can leave a message--that's what they used to do in the olden days before cell phones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, I just love you! I stumbled along your blog today...and it was just that burst of sunshine I needed to hear. :)

    ReplyDelete