Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Memory Lane

The past few weeks I have had one big blast from the past as I have gone through boxes and boxes of "treasures" from my younger years. The best have been the pictures and the letters.




It's funny, but when I look back on high school I usually remember it as a time filled with drama, loneliness, and frustration. Definitely not a period of my life that I cared to revisit. Yet, as I read through old notes passed between classes and filed through choir tour photos I remembered that there were some really good times. I had forgotten how close I was to my friends. I forgot how much they cared about me, and I about them. I am disappointed in myself for letting a few rotten moments sour years of good memories. So a big thank-you to all my old-school chums for the good times. There were lots.


SBB

P.S. Sure wish I could get my scanner working. I would have some pretty entertaining pictures to share.

4 comments:

  1. Love it! I think this was at Becky's wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marisa's wedding. Man, I hope you can get your scanner working, because I'd love to see the gems you'd have to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I saw this link on your FB. Your family is so cute! I have a lot of insecurities when I think about high school, too- and it is so silly. When I really break it down , read my old yearbook, etc, there was so much happiness and good times. I wish I would have been more positive back then!
    Ramona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aawww yes!! Sweet picture, sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete