Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Worry Warts


I am a worrier. Not so much about whether the plane is going to go down




or whether the Bug is going to contract a disease from eating dirt;






Nope, still not worried...




it's a different kind of worrying. It goes a little something like this:
Did I offend ___ when I said ___? I shouldn't have ___. Maybe if I had ___ instead. Do I come off as self-righteous? What if ___ thinks I'm conceited? I wish I had more confidence. I said too much. Next time I ___ I'm just going to keep my mouth shut.
And on. And on. And, well, on.

Peace is something that I don't allow myself to feel very often. Oh, how I would love to feel peace! I will stop here as no one wants to read a year-long post about someone else's problems.

Suffice it to say that this morning I went here and found this article entitle 'The Balm of Gilead', and found it very comforting. It does seem that the more I search for answers, the more I realize the answer to every question is the same, and it is the Savior. I am so quick to forget He who understands all. And so I continue my life-long quest of learning how to come unto Him.

SBB

2 comments:

  1. It became more clear to me that I had a worrying problem when I went to a Chinese medicine doctor and he could tell from the vein color of my wrists that I worried too much. Worrying can definitely add to your physical woes. His advice was to look at life like an old person. Hard to do. Glad we have the Savior to turn to!

    ReplyDelete