Monday, September 20, 2010

A day in the life

We've been a little down and out here at the P house. It started with the Bug, then passed to me, and now the Mr. is experiencing the lovely beginnings of whatever has been ailing us (but not to worry. It didn't keep us from having fun--picture a bounce house full of soap suds and half a dozen adults who act like they're twelve).

This morning the Mr. worked from home for a few hours so that I could sleep in (thank you Love). I got up to a disastrous kitchen that I didn't feel like cleaning yesterday. We waved goodbye to Daddy out the window just like every morning, and then we got to work. Get the dog up (the Bug's favorite part of the day, I think). Turn the water on in the garden while the Bug tries to climb the fence and re-route the hose. Dig up a few extra potatoes for the roast tonight while the Bug begs for raspberries. Find THIS:



Crikey!

I chopped potatoes and onions while the Bug threw carrot peels at Kizzy and giggled endlessly. Then he just brought the whole garbage can over for her dining pleasure.

I started on the dishes. The Bug pulled up a stool and whisked dirty potatoes in a pot in the sink.

I cleaned up the counter while the Kizz tried to sneak her way in through the garage.



Come downstairs to check the family website.

Come upstairs to find the trash can upside down and the Kizz in the middle of the kitchen.

Isaac asks for music.

Go upstairs to look at my list. There isn't one thing I can check off yet? Seriously? How is it already 11?

Isaac thinks it's funny to blow his nose without tissue. Repeatedly.

Prayer. Scriptures. Exercise. Finally.

Come upstairs to find the Bug using the pizza cutter. Awesome.

Shower. FINALLY.

Hair. Makeup. Get the Bug dressed.

Realize the crockpot is turned on but not plugged in. Oops.

Isaac draws on the table.

Time for snacks and then a run to the store for lime juice and jalapenos, and ice cream for Family Night.

1:30. Naptime!

See that the plug for the crockpot fell out of the outlet. Lovely.

Can salsa. Strong onions, lots of tears. A pot of hot water all down my front. Change clothes.

Ditch the roast. We'll try again tomorrow. Good thing there's chicken soup in the fridge.

Wish I had some chips--this salsa looks good!

Time to clean in between batches before the Bug wakes up.


I love my life!

SBB

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post.....it's just pure TRUTH!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, where'd the hair post go?? I was going to say that I love it and you are one hot mama. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, sorry Amanda; it wasn't suppose to show up until tomorrow, but Blogger is being silly. Thanks though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That potato looks like a really big human heart : } We found a zucchini that will give Larry a run for his money!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the salsa recipe! My hubby's wanted to can salsa this year but we didn't have any recipe. I wonder if it's too late for tomatoes...

    ReplyDelete