Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Thankful Wednesday?

I know, I know, I'm throwing everything off. I'm only suppose to be thankful on Thursdays because, well, Thankful Thursday sounds better than Thankful Wednesday. Plus Thanksgiving, the most thankful day of the year, is always on a Thursday. So it just makes sense. Well, I'm thankful today. Deal with it.

And here is what I am thankful for:

A cuddly Bug. Isaac gives the best hugs in the world. I'm serious. I'm talking the throw your arms around the neck and squeeze like crazy hugs. It makes every dirty diaper and temper tantrum instantly worth it.

September! I'm kind of not ready for summer to be over, but I realized today that I am actually looking forward to fall leaves, snuggly sweaters, and deeper, richer colors. I was born in September; that makes it a good month. I met the Mr. in September...I think...or at least almost September. September is the time to can peaches--yum. September is the month we found out the Bug was a bug and not a buggette. All good things. What a fine month September is!

The Mr. I bought him a Reese's at the grocery store today to thank him for something. He loves Reese's. Only I can't remember what it is I have to thank him for, I only know that there most certainly is a reason. Oh well, I'll just have to thank him for something like being the world's greatest dad and taking such good care of the Bug, or being an awesome, understanding husband and having so much patience with me, or for working so hard every day so that we can have a beautiful house and food and even dog food for a dog that he doesn't even like and 9-volt batteries.

The internet. I kind of hate it too, because it's really easy for me to waste ridiculous amounts of time on it, but today it really came in handy. I went here and read a talk on an issue I was having. What a blessing to have so many inspiring words at my fingertips.

I am grateful for other things, too, but no one wants to read a forever long blog post. I certainly don't. Go find something to be grateful for.




SBB

3 comments:

  1. Haha! I love your thankful posts, even when they're on Wednesdays. Good reminders of a great life

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute, you just make me grin.

    ReplyDelete