Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Chicken Salad Goodness




Good morning!

Here is an easy, delicious, and healthy idea for a snack or meal.

Ingredients:
-canned chicken
-Mayonnaise (about a spoonful)
-chopped onions
-chopped celery
-chopped apples

Combine the ingredients. You can play with the amounts of each, and the ingredients themselves. For you nut lovers, throw in some cashews. The apple chunks could be replaced by dried cranberries or another fruit. The less mayo you use, obviously the better it is for you. I usually use just enough to moisten the mixture and add a bit of flavor. Kraft makes a yummy olive oil mayonnaise that is lower in fat and contains the healthier fats (Omega's, baby!).
The Chicken Salad can stand by itself or be served on a roll, with crackers, or over a green salad.
Be creative!

Enjoy

SBB

2 comments:

  1. You're a better mom than I for letting your kid put his plate on his head & then take a picture. I'm such a nazi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, well, see how I am with my second...It's still cute when he misbehaves. Sometimes. I also have a picture of him sitting in a puddle of red paint in the middle of the family room.

    ReplyDelete