Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I was Just Thinking...





...Mother Nature seems to be pretty upset about something.





On a lighter note, let's take the opportunity to enjoy the little moments in life. Here's a gem from Anna Quindlen, looking back at an old photograph.
"...I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
The man of the house is gone for the week on business. Instead of escaping to my mom's, I am taking the day to enjoy the Bug. No cleaning, no projects. When he is up, the computer is off. If he wants to play outside, that's what we'll do. If he wants to trash the family room, that's what we'll do. If he wants to play ring-around-the-rosie until I'm too tired to stand up again, well, you get the idea...


Make a great day!


SBB

2 comments:

  1. shawna, i'm loving this!! i love your thoughts & writing. so glad you started up a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this!! What a great reminder. Sometimes we forget, but we never know how long we have or how long we have with them; there will never be a day where we wish we had done a little less with our kids, spent a little less time looking in their eyes and listening to them, spared some of those hugs and kisses instead of lavishing our children with them...

    ReplyDelete