Monday, May 10, 2010

Life of a Less-than-Perfect Housewife

So I think it's against the rules to post twice in one day, but since today is my blog's birthday, and considering I don't have a single loyal follower as of yet, I figure I can do whatever I want. I use to be one of those people who made fun of bloggers. I thought it was a waste of time and just a way to glorify your life and make it sound so much better than reality. After spending so much time reading Nie Nie's blog, however, I realized that I was wrong. She has used her blog to give hope and life to others. Through it she shares what is most important to her.
In order to keep myself on track and use this blog as a tool and not a distraction from what I should "really" be doing, I wrote down a list of reasons I have created it.

1. To become more comfortable with myself. I need to learn to love me. Part of the purpose of this blog is for self-exploration. The better I know who I am, the better help I can be to others.

2. To help those who are experiencing similar trials. There are specific trials in my life that I am constantly battling. I don't know the answers yet, but I feel like I need to reach out to others who are in the same boat. Hopefully we can lift each other and give support.

3. To spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am a firm believer in a Heavenly Father and a Savior who love us unconditionally. My life revolves around this belief, and I am who I am because of it. I want to share the light that this knowledge brings with anyone who will listen.

4. To inspire, restore hope, and make life more worth living. Enough said.


SBB

2 comments:

  1. Hey, you can post as many times as you want, I say! I do think there is a fine line sometimes in bloggy-land between self-glorification and other, nobler purposes. For me, blogging is my happy/creative space where I can focus on creating, sharing, and being part of a creative community. I've had so many positive experiences I might not have otherwise had through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet friend! I love you dearly!

    I'm excited to see what is going on in your life! You are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete