Monday, May 24, 2010

Trichy Tuesday

I have decided that Tuesdays will be my "trich" days, where I post something about Trichotillomania.

I feel like a perpetual guinea pig, trying everything under the sun I can think of to beat this little trial. While perusing one website, I found a list of helpful tips created by others who have dealt with trich. One thing that I have learned is that trich is a very personal disorder; something that works for one person may not work for someone else. So, I've taken to a trial-and-error approach.

As I read through the list, I made a mental note of the ones I'd tried and the new ideas that might help me specifically. One person suggested that fake nails make pulling difficult. I jumped right on that, as I've always wanted them but never wanted to spend the money or damage my nails. My initial prognosis: it doesn't help one bit. Maybe when they grow out a little longer it will make things more difficult, but for now they're just pretty.

Next on the list of things to try:

-Sports tape on the thumb and index finger
-NAC supplement (amino acids that have supposedly seen great success w/ Trich)
-Suggested diet found here
-CD available here

Good luck fellow trichsters!

SBB

No comments:

Post a Comment